We know first hand what it is like to be on the other side of the phone, how dehumanizing it can be, the lack of support from management and the stress this abuse causes. You are not alone. We are fellow call centre workers and together we are holding employers accountable for ensuring that you have the power to stop taking abuse at work.
We are calling on all Canadian call centre employers to adopt the Hang Up on Abuse Policy, empowering their workers to end or pass on abusive calls - without fear of losing their jobs.
HANG UP ON ABUSE POLICY
- Give call centre workers the ability to hang up on abusive calls.
- Train managers on how to support call centre workers who had a bad client.
- Issue a warning and flag callers who have a history of harassing staff.
- Deny repeat abusers use of your service.
- Create a zero tolerance policy that reports all violent and/or sexual threats to the police.
- Ensure that there will be no retribution against or disciplining of call centre workers who report abuse.