We are calling on all Canadian call centre employers to adopt the Hang Up on Abuse Policy, empowering their workers to end or pass on abusive calls - without fear of losing their jobs.
HANG UP ON ABUSE POLICY
- Give call centre workers the ability to hang up on abusive calls.
- Train managers on how to support call centre workers who had a bad client.
- Issue a warning and flag callers who have a history of harassing staff.
- Deny repeat abusers use of your service.
- Create a zero tolerance policy that reports all violent and/or sexual threats to the police.
- Ensure that there will be no retribution against or disciplining of call centre workers who report abuse.